SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID003 – PROVIDE FIRST AID
Skill Set – UETTDRRF06B – Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel (LVR) & HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid teaches the skills and knowledge to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines and rescue from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus (not including overhead lines and underground cables) in the workplace.
Skill Set – UETTDRRF06B – Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel (LVR) & HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid is developed for existing workers in the industry who may be required to rescue someone form an LV emergency and provide first aid.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from a live LV panel
- Carry out rescue from a live LV panel
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by ERT Group Pty Ltd.
Important information prior to enrolment
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- UETTDRRF06B – Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
Participants are required to re-certify every 12 months from their completion date to maintain currency.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an ERT Group Pty Ltd training facility.
COURSE DURATION (FACE TO FACE)
- Face to Face – 9.5 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 7.5 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2-hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 7.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement arrangements will be required as part of this course
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Participants must be physically able to provide resuscitation and respond to an emergency situation where there may be risk to life. Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
There are no prerequisites for this unit
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Anaphylaxis and autoinjector
- Asthma and medication
- Bleeding control and shock
- PIT for a snake/spider bite
- RICE for sprain
- LV panel scenario and task demonstrations
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.