RIIWHS202D – ENTER AND WORK IN CONFINED SPACES
RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces covers the entering and working in confined spaces in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes planning and preparing for entry of confined spaces; entry and working in confined spaces, exiting confined spaces and cleaning up.
This unit specifies the competency required to work in a confined space (enclosed or partially enclosed) for the purpose of carrying out work or inspections. It includes the minimum criteria for competency assessment. This unit includes entry and exit procedures, assessment of associated risks and how to operate safely in a confined space which is at atmospheric pressure during occupancy.
The target group will be construction workers and operators who require training in entering and working safely in confined spaces.
- Planning and preparing for work in a confined space
- Work in confined space
- Entry and exit of confined space
- Clean up
- Procedures, forms, documents, compliance and legal requirements
- Obtain, confirm, clarify and apply work instructions, agreed procedures and safety requirements
- Obtain and confirm authorisation (entry permit) meets regulatory requirements
- Emergency response procedures, signage, barriers, tools and equipment
- Environmental protection equipment
- Rescue equipment and recovery of equipment
- Accessing confined space and atmosphere testing
- Tagging and lock-out procedures
- Communication and documentation requirements
- Exiting confined space
- Inspection and secure access of confined space
- Completing entry permit, clearing work area and disposing of waste
- Equipment maintenance
- Multiple choice & written questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- A4 Certificate
- Wallet Card (upon request)
- All training resources
7 hours. Max of 10 Trainees per course.
Upon successful completion a Certificate and Wallet Card (upon request) will be issued for RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty, hard hat, protective eyewear and enclosed footwear is essential.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.
Training and assessment is conducted on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 and on behalf of Health Security Education RTO 40907.