PUAWER007B – MANAGE AN EMERGENCY CONTROL ORGANISATION
PUAWER007B – Manage an Emergency Control Organisation teaches the skills and knowledge required to manage or to operate as part of the management of an Emergency Control Organisation. It applies to all employees in the workplace who have a functional management role in the Emergency Control Organisation. This expectation will be included in appropriate position descriptions and duty statements.
This course may also be used for planning for future operations in the workplace. People who undertake this work would generally be members of an Emergency Planning Committee.
- Initiate a system of emergency response planning
- Ensure emergency control organisation is in place
- Provide for initiation and control of initial emergency response
- Provide for post initial response activities
- Plan and implement emergency control organisation training
- Provide advice and support for people in the post response and recovery phase
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by ERT Group Pty Ltd.
Important information prior to enrolment
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
- PUAWER007B – Manage an Emergency Control Organisation
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an ERT Group Pty Ltd training facility.
COURSE DURATION (FACE TO FACE)
- Face to Face – 3 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Refresher training – 3 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement arrangements will be required as part of this course
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Participants are required to be physically able to communicate clearly with others, conduct risk assessment and manage risk and chair meetings.
There are no prerequisites for this unit
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenarios:
- Chair meetings on emergency response
- Prepare initial emergency response plans
- Develop workplace emergency plans
- Evacuation drills
- Chair emergency planning committee meetings
- Workplace emergency plan
- Emergency control organisation training
- Fill out checklists and workplace forms
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.
Enrol in a course today
SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) – 8:30AM – MARCH 26
SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) – 8:30AM – MARCH 13
SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) – 8:30AM – FEBRUARY 27
SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) – 8:30AM – JANUARY 31