This unit covers the competency required to recognise emergencies in the workplace, to report emergencies and to take appropriate action. This unit has been developed to cover the broad range of emergencies and workplaces as considered in Australian Standard 3745-2010.
The knowledge and skills gained through the completion of this unit may be applied by all Employees across all industries, in all contexts and places responsibility on individual Employees in the workplace to recognise, report and take action during workplace emergency situations. The requirement is consistent with the legislative obligations of Employees as prescribed in WHS legislation.
Existing workers in any industry may benefit from this training as it is not industry specific.
- Prepare for emergency situations
- Report emergencies and potential emergencies
- Respond to emergency warnings and advice
- Evacuate from the work area
- Identifying and locating of workplace emergency procedures
- Using and following workplace emergency procedures
- Identifying and locating of emergency resources in the workplace
- Emergency response procedures
- Emergencies and potential emergencies are identified
- Alerting people
- Emergency warnings and instructions
- Preparing of work area
- Area of danger is evacuated
- Identifying people who may require assistance
- Following of Emergency Service Personnel instructions
- Alternative pathways
- Communication systems
- Multiple choice & written questions
- Practical demonstrations/skills observations
- A4 Certificate
- Wallet Card (upon request)
- All training resources
Upon successful completion a Certificate and Wallet Card (upon request) will be issued for PUAWER004B – Respond to Workplace Emergencies (Fire Evacuation).
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential. Please note that the practical session can be viewed as physically challenging, therefore participants should be reasonably fit and capable of conducting an evacuation and providing assistance to those in need.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.
Training courses are delivered in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.