PUAFIR215 – PREVENT INJURY
PUAFIR215 – PREVENT INJURY
This unit covers the competency required to identify and avoid workplace hazards and risks, to maintain safety and to report identified issues to supervisors and members.
This unit is designed as an introduction to safe work practices and is specifically relevant to a workplace requiring people to be involved in incidents, prescribed burning and/or operational aspects of emergency management.
This unit is targeted to those who are working as a member of a team and/or employed in the mining and resources industry, public safety, mines rescue unit, working as part of an Emergency Response Team or Emergency Service Personnel.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication.
- Identify workplace hazards and risks and advise others
- Risk definition
- Implement hazard and risk control procedures
- Monitor effectiveness of hazard and risk control procedures
- Procedures and practices are followed to identify hazards and risks in the workplace
- Workplace hazards
- Identifying of workplace risks and advise others
- Identified hazards and risks in the workplace
- Identified factors which may create or escalate the immediate risk
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing (PPE/C) is selected and donned in accordance with organisational procedures
- Appropriate procedures for dealing with hazards and controlling risks in the workplace
- WHS guidelines and organisational procedures
- Equipment appropriate for dealing with hazards
- Monitoring of situation in accordance with risk control procedures
- Changes in incident behaviour and conditions are reported
- Activities and debriefing
- Multiple choice & written questions
- Practical Demonstrations/skills observations
- A4 Certificate
- Wallet Card (upon request)
- All training resources
- Option 1 Full course: 7 hours face-to-face training
- Option 2 Refresher course: 6 hours face-to-face training (previous certificate required to enrol)
Upon successful completion a Certificate and Wallet Card (upon request) will be issued for PUAFIR215 Prevent Injury
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential.
*Please note that participants must be clean shaven with no facial hair that may affect facial seal as per Australian Standards. Participants must also be physically able to don, operate in, decontaminate and remove personal protective clothing and equipment.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.
Training is conducted in partnership and under the auspices of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.