MSMWHS217 – GAS TEST ATMOSPHERES
MSMWHS217 – GAS TEST ATMOSPHERES
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres teaches the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere, using electronic test apparatus to find out if it is safe for the proposed work.
This unit applies to situations where an individual may be required to carry out gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace. The competency requires the person to interpret readings and take acting’s based on the interpretation.
Working environment may be hazardous, unpredictable, subject to time pressure, chaotic and expose responders to risk, on land or water, by day or night. Workplace atmospheres may include visible and invisible hazards and hazardous surfaces.
The unit is suitable for use in the following situations:
- confined spaces, enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- hot work
- storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts, ducts, transport vehicles and ships
- testing as part of issuing a work permit or monitoring as part of working under a work permit
- open areas or holding the gas tester by hand
- lowering the gas tester into a space, e.g. on a line.
This unit of competency applies to an individual working alone or as part of a team or group and working in liaison with other shift team members and the control room operator, as appropriate.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this unit at the time of publication
- Prepare for gas testing
- Test gas
- Maintain equipment
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by ERT Group Pty Ltd.
Important information prior to enrolment
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
- MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an ERT Group Pty Ltd training facility.
COURSE DURATION (FACE TO FACE)
- Face to Face – 7 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Refresher training – 7 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement arrangements will be required as part of this course
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Participants are required to be physically able to do a gas test in a range of atmospheres.
Maximum of 10 Trainees per course.
There are no prerequisites for this unit.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenarios:
- Preparing for and test gas in a confined space, wellhead or other potentially unsafe space or area
- Using and maintain testing and monitoring equipment
- Identifying hazards and control them
- Interpreting readings and take required action
- Following communication and recording procedures
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.
Enrol in a course today
SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) – 8:30AM – MARCH 26
SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) – 8:30AM – MARCH 13
SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) – 8:30AM – FEBRUARY 27
SKILL SET – UETTDRRF06B – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID001 – PROVIDE CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) – 8:30AM – JANUARY 31