HLTAID006 – Provide Advanced First Aid is designed to give the skills and knowledge to provide an advanced first aid response, including management of the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
This applies to workers who may be required to provide, coordinate and manage a first aid response across a range of complex situations including in the community and workplace settings.
All content from HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid plus:
- Legislative requirements of workplace policies and procedures
- Defibrillation (AED), airway assessments
- Crush injuries
- Triage of multiple casualties; including the correct use of cervical collars, stretchers and back boards
- Emergency childbirth
- Manual handling
- Providing an accurate verbal and written report of the incident
- 2 hours of unsupervised pre-course study and
- 6 hours of face to face training and assessment
Multiple choice question paper covering the following:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- Legal, workplace and community considerations
- Considerations when providing first aid
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Principles and procedures for first aid management
- Responding to first aid scenarios and task demonstrations for Adult CPR, Infant CPR and Defibrillation
- Allergic reactions, anaphylaxis, bleeding control, choking and airway obstruction, conducting a basic triage for multiple casualty incident, envenomation, fractures, sprains and strains or other appropriate immobilisation techniques, emergency childbirth, head, neck and spinal injuries, respiratory distress – including asthma, seizure and locate and interpret workplace policies and procedures.
A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment in
- HLTAID006 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
will be issued to all successful participants.
Participants are required to recertify every 3 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
*Please note that it is a requirement of this course that you are physically capable of performing uninterrupted CPR for at least 2 minutes on an adult and infant CPR manikin placed on the floor and able to follow the prompts of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
If you are completing this course, please download the student agreement to ensure you are aware of your rights and obligations. You can access the student written agreement handbook here.
Training and assessment is delivered in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.