FWPFGM3212 – FALL TREES MANUALLY (INTERMEDIATE)
FWPFGM3212 – Fall Trees Manually (Intermediate) teaches the skills and knowledge required to assess, plan and safely carry out manual tree-felling operations using a chainsaw.
FWPFGM3212 – Fall Trees Manually (Intermediate) covers the felling procedures for trees with a level of complexity that requires significant tree assessment and practical felling skills. It applies to trees that have a diameter greater than the bar length of the chainsaw.
- Prepare for felling
- Visually assess site conditions and surroundings
- Assess tree and plan felling
- Apply tree felling techniques
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by ERT Group Pty Ltd.
Important information prior to enrolment
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
- FWPFGM3212 – Fall Trees Manually (Intermediate)
Participants are required to re-certify every 3 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an ERT Group Pty Ltd training facility.
COURSE DURATION (FACE TO FACE)
- Face to Face – 14 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Refresher training – 14 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement arrangements will be required as part of this course
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Participants must be physically able to fell intermediate trees manually with a chainsaw.
- FWPCOT2237 – Maintain Chainsaw
- FWPCOT2239 – Trim and Cut Felled Trees
- FWPCOT2236 – Fall Trees Manually (Basic)
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following practical scenarios:
- Visually assessing site and surroundings
- Putting site environment protection measures and the organisational requirements in place
- Following work specifications and instructions
- Identifying and controlling hazards and risks
- Assessing the tree for defects and falling direction
- Planning felling
- Applying tree feeling techniques – use communication devices
- Inspecting, use and maintain safety equipment, tools and PPE
- Selecting and clearing escape routes
- Understanding safe distance zones
- Using a chainsaw to make a range of cuts to fell trees
- Disposing of waste materials considering the environment
- Completing a fault report and maintenance log
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.