COURSE SET – UETTDRRF06 – PERFORM RESCUE FROM A LIVE LV PANEL (LVR) & HLTAID003 – PROVIDE FIRST AID ONLINE
Course Set – UETTDRRF06 – Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel (LVR) & HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid is essential if you are conducting live work or working with live switchboards. The course covers the performance of rescue procedures from a live Low Voltage (LV) apparatus, not including overhead lines and underground cables in the workplace.
It specifies the mandatory requirements of rescue from a live LV panel and how they apply in the context of transmission, distribution or rail work functions. It encompasses responsibilities for health, safety and risk management processes at all operative levels and adherence to safety practices as part of the normal way of doing work.
Completing the course will provide an individual with the skills and knowledge to carry out and complete the LV panel rescue procedures and to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) on a casualty in a range of situations. It consists of real-life practical skills and knowledge to allow the participant to be assessed as competent in providing CPR in line with Australian resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines as well as rescue procedures from a LV apparatus.
Low voltage rescue comprises responsive operations that involve the saving of life, or prevention of injury during an incident or dangerous situation.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR procedures
- Communicate details of the incident
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- Prepare to perform rescue procedures from a live LV panel
- Carry out rescue from a live LV panel
- Complete the LV panel rescue procedure
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by ERT Group Pty Ltd.
Important information prior to enrolment
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- UETTDRRF06 – Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel
Participants are required to re-certify HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid every 3 years from their completion date to maintain currency. Note: HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation participants are required to re-certify every 12 months from their completion date to maintain this units’ currency.
Participants are required to re-certify UETTDRRF06 – Perform Rescue from a Live LV Panel (LVR) every 12 months from their completion date to maintain currency.
- This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an ERT Group Pty Ltd training facility.
- Online learning with face to face assessment
COURSE DURATION (FACE TO FACE)
- Face to Face – 10 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Blended delivery – 8 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2-hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course
- Refresher training – 7.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with a scheduled 40-minute face to face practical assessment
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement arrangements will be required as part of this course
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Participants must be physically able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills including CPR (Important note: In order to issue an accredited certificate, 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR must be performed on the floor with no exemptions).
Physical fitness – Participants must have the physical capacity to complete a practical demonstration of a simulated LV panel rescue.
Online study option: Students must have access to a computer, smart phone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online studies and practical assessment.
There are no prerequisites for this unit
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
- Choking with airway obstruction
- Unconscious casualty
- Bleeding and shock
- PIT for a snake or funnel web spider bite
- RICE for sprains and fractures
- Inspection and placement of rescue equipment and performing a rescue
Practical scenarios – The assessor must observe the following scenario:
- Perform CPR on an adult
- Breathing difficulties – Asthma
- Low voltage panel rescue
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.