COURSE SET – PUAFER005, PUAFER006 & PUAFER008 – COMBINED FIRE WARDEN, CHIEF FIRE WARDEN AND FIRE EXTINGUISHER
Course Set – PUAFER005, PUAFER006 & PUAFER008 – Combined Fire Warden, Chief Fire Warden and Fire Extinguisher applies to individuals who may be required to make decisions about the safety of occupants of a facility during an emergency and to give instructions on the priority order for responding to an emergency incident, including command, control and coordination of facility emergency response procedures and concluding the facility emergency incident. They may also be required to act as the primary liaison with emergency services. Individuals who undertake this role will generally be members of an Emergency Control Organisation (ECO), acting as chief wardens, deputy chief wardens and communications officers.
Furthermore, it also involves the skills and knowledge required to confine small emergencies in a facility and it applies to individuals who are required to have first attack firefighting skills. It includes preparing for emergency situations, identifying and assessing an emergency, safely confining emergencies, using initial response equipment and reporting on the facility’s emergency response.
Small emergencies in a facility include incidents such as small fires that can be controlled using a fire extinguisher; chemical spills that can be controlled using facility personal protective clothing and equipment and a spill kit; or a vehicle accident where there is no significant injury or damage.
The course has been developed to cover a broad range of emergencies and facilities as considered in Australian Standard 3745 and Australian Standard 4083. It applies to employees in the workplace within all industries and in all contexts.
People who undertake this work will be working within the command, control and coordinate structure of the emergency control organisation.
- Respond to emergency reports, signals and warnings
- Initiate and control initial emergency response
- Anticipate the further development of emergencies
- Assist with post initial response and prepare for workplace emergencies
- Apply command, control and coordinate aspects of workplace emergency procedures
- Control the response to emergency reports, signals and warnings
- Coordinate reports and results of initial emergency response
- Conclude incident
- Prepare for emergency situations
- Identify and assess the emergency
- Safely confine emergencies where possible
- Use initial response equipment
- Report workplace emergency response
PROVIDER OF TRAINING AND ASSESSMENT
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by ERT Group Pty Ltd.
Important information prior to enrolment
UNIT BEING DELIVERED
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
- PUAFER005 – Operate as part of an Emergency Control Organisation (Fire Warden)
- PUAFER006 – Lead an Emergency Control Organisation (Chief Fire Warden)
- PUAFER008 – Confine Small Emergencies in a Facility (Fire Extinguisher)
Participants are required to re-certify every 2 years from their completion date to maintain currency.
- This course will be delivered in the workplace or at an ERT Group Pty Ltd training facility.
- Online learning with face to face assessment
COURSE DURATION (FACE TO FACE)
- Face to Face – 7 hours (minimum) – full face to face course
- Refresher training – 7 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates
- Online training with face to face assessment – 60 minutes (minimum) face to face assessment with the addition of 7 hours of self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face assessment
WORK PLACEMENT ARRANGEMENTS
No work placement arrangements will be required as part of this course
LEARNERS RIGHTS, RESPONSBILITIES AND SUPPORT, INCLUDING COMPLAINTS
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
COURSE FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
Participants must be able to complete the practical demonstrations for the course, including wearing suitable identification, being able to safely confine emergencies and use communication and initial response equipment.
There are no prerequisites for this unit
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE COURSE?
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks. These are detailed in the sections following.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Undertake pre-emergency planning
- Prepare and plan for emergency
- Operate as part of an ECO in a fire emergency
- Lead an ECO in a fire emergency
- Manage a small chemical spill
- Put out a small paper/wood fire
Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Emergency equipment fault log
- Emergency evacuation incident and debrief form
- Facility emergency plan (extract)
- Incident report
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*Please note that ERT Fire & Rescue supplies all equipment necessary for you to undertake your training. ERT Fire & Rescue always recommend and encourage you to bring along your own equipment. Trainee’s must wear appropriate clothing that will get dirty and enclosed footwear is essential.
ERT Fire & Rescue can provide tailored on-site workplace training. Please contact our office on 0267 621 754 for a quote.